On June 6th, 1944 the shores of Normandy were flooded with an ocean of battleships bringing more than 130,000 men to shore. Many gave their lives for freedom and French people are forever grateful. There are a number of options to choose from ranging from a day visit from Paris to an overnight. Bayeux or Caen makes good bases from which to explore the D-Day landing sites.
Option 1--Self-drive discovery
Caen's Memorial for Peace; Omaha, Juno and Utah Beaches, Arromanches, American Cemetery at St. Laurent sur Mer; St. Mere l'Eglise where the 82nd.American Airborne Division were the first to parachute in; Pointe du Hoc and the German Battery at Longues sur Mer. Bayeux is a picturesque Norman town famous for its 11 Century Queen Matilda's Tapestry depicting in vivid colors and details of an other invasion-- that of the Conquest of England by William the Conqueror in the 12 century.
Price: $465 per person double occupancy
- Two nights in 3 star hotel in the heart of Bayeux or
- 3 day compact car with manual transmission
- Map and itinerary
Optionals: Revist history with an Expert Historian/Guide.
From Bayeux using your own rental car: Half day visit (4 hours): $220;
Full day visit (8 hours): $410
Also available is a guided visit with Chauffeur and Historian/Guide:
Full day guided visit from Bayeux: $630: (1-4 passengers); From Caen: $644 (1-4 passengers
Option 2--One day Package from Paris with an expert bilingual guide.
You will take the train from Paris to Caen. Upon arrival at the station, you are met by a bilingual guide for a full day visit including the Memorial for Peace. After lunch at the museum you are driven to the D-Day sites including: Arromanches; Longues sur Mer, the American Cemetery, Omaha Beach and Pointe du Hoc
Price: starts at $270 per person
- Round trip train, Paris to Caen
- 1/2 day (4 hour) guided tour of the D-day landing sites including Arromanches, Longues sur Mer, the American Cemetery, Omaha Beach and Pointe du Hoc.
- Services of a bilingual guide
- Transfer to/from Caen rail station
- First class round trip rail tickets
- An illustrated handbook in English on the D-Day landing
Above D-day Package with overnight stay in Caen: $335 per person double occupancy including one night in hotel (3 star). Single supplement.
* These rates are subject to availability and currency
For these and other specialized tours call us at
866-313-2856 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org